De Goey Contractors (DGC) have been established in Mackay for more than 15 years, we offer exciting employee incentives such as flexible work arrangements, DGC social club membership, partnering with local businesses which provide DGC employees with discounts when they shop, we offer ongoing training and career development opportunities. DGC also engage in Mackay community support initiatives such as sporting club sponsorship as well as local community events.
De Goey Contractors (DGC) provides clients with the highest quality piping and steel fabrication and installation services. We pride ourselves on delivering excellence with our products and services while upholding ISO Certified quality and safety assurances. Our key area of expertise is in all aspects of coal handling, construction, and project maintenance.
Our well-established company within the mining industry is seeking an experienced Document Controller to join our team. As Document Controller you will be responsible for maintaining records and overseeing document control for regulatory and legal compliance.
The ideal candidate must be able to take initiative and be capable of working well both independently and as part of a team. To ensure success as a document controller you should be up to date with best practice document management processes and have a meticulous mindset and great attention to detail.
Experience with Microsoft Office Suite of programs is a big plus. Preference will be given to those with experience in the Fabrication and Engineering industry.
Document Controller responsibilities and duties
- Designing and formatting templates for various file types, documents, and document databases.
- Liaise with DGC content experts regarding document content and format
- Checking and editing documents for accuracy and compliance.
- Reporting errors or developments regarding document storage.
- Updating and maintaining document management systems and physical records.
- Collect, scan and upload documents following set procedures
- Create, edit & store documents within the document management system
- Notify personnel of updated document versions and how to access them
- Distribute documents as necessary
- Work with documents and records across various departments, including Human Resources, Marketing, HSE, Quality Assurance and Operations
Document Controller Requirements
- 2 years’ experience in document management, archive management, or records management.
- An excellent grasp of Microsoft Office programs.
- Able to proactively manage database changes using software management systems.
- Time-oriented approach to handling queries and tasks.
As Document Controller you will be responsible for maintaining records and overseeing document control for regulatory and legal compliance.
The ideal candidate must be able to take initiative and be capable of working well both independently and as part of a team.