De Goey Contractors (DGC) have been established in Mackay for more than 15 years, we offer exciting employee incentives such as flexible work arrangements, DGC social club membership, partnering with local businesses which provide DGC employees with discounts when they shop, we offer ongoing training and career development opportunities. DGC also engage in Mackay community support initiatives such as sporting club sponsorship as well as local community events.
De Goey Contractors (DGC) provides clients with the highest quality piping and steel fabrication and installation services. We pride ourselves on delivering excellence with our products and services while upholding ISO Certified quality and safety assurances. Our key area of expertise is in all aspects of coal handling, construction, and project maintenance.
Our well-established company within the mining industry is seeking an experienced QA Coordinator to join our team.
As QA Coordinator you are to inspect all fabrications and ensure that all products meet current regulations, specifications, and standards.
The ideal candidate must be able to take initiative and be capable of working well both independently and as part of a team.
QA Coordinator responsibilities and duties
- Monitor technical operations to ensure that all services meet organisational and regulatory standards
- Recommend adjustments and improvements to any processes as required
- Assist in implementing changes to approved quality plans and control procedures
- Approve incoming materials by confirming specifications, conducting visual and dimensional inspections, and rejecting and returning unacceptable materials
- Report instances of non-conformance; assist with identifying corrective and preventative actions and management of issues until resolved. Participate in the analysis of quality data, determining trends and lessons learned for the improvement of the service
- Approve in-process production by confirming required specifications
- Approve all finished products by confirming specifications and conducting required tests
- Document and update inspection results by completing reports.
- Conducting visual and dimensional inspections, and communicating the required adjustments to the production supervisor
- Review, Draft and implement quality assurance policies and procedures
- Document internal audits and other quality assurance activities
- Develop, recommend, and monitor corrective and preventive actions
- Coordinate and support on-site audits conducted by external providers
QA Coordinator Requirements
- Previous experience in a similar QC Inspector position within the resources sector
- Welding supervisors or inspection qualification (Weld Aust, CSWIP or equivalent)
- Working knowledge of the AS/NZS ISO 9001 quality systems and processes
- Welding / Fabrication Trade, NDT background or relevant industry experience
- An excellent grasp of Microsoft Office programs.
- Time-oriented approach to handling queries and tasks.
Position is Mackay based therefore only Mackay residents encouraged to apply, accommodation not provided.
Only applicants successful for an interview contacted by DGC.